“It’s a miracle!”

It all happened when Lyndsey Floyd, a North Carolina mother saw 12-year-old son named Levi stopped breathing at a local beach. Several nurses stepped in to save the young Levi’s almost lifeless body.

Floyd and her family sang and prayed together for her son’s revival. A few moments later, Levi started breathing sustainably.

“It was a miracle no doubt,” Floyd said.

Family vacation gone almost tragic

Floyd and her son Levi were with family members at the Holden Beach last Saturday. Levi took a dive into a wave before everyone realized that the boy failed to emerge from the water.

Once Levi’s father realized that his son was nowhere to be seen, he frantically rushed to the water to pull out his son. That was when they discovered Levi had stopped breathing.

Floyd recalls seeing her son’s body almost lifeless and blue all over. “Levi’s lifeless. There was nothing,” she recalled.

“It looked like [his father] threw 120 pounds of blue rubber. Like he wasn’t even a person,” she added.

Floyd’s cousin, who is a nurse was the first to come to Levi’s rescue. He started performing CPR but to no avail.

That was when former Duke Life Flight nurse Derek Gibson stepped in.

First act from God

As if God knew there was impending danger to happen at Holden Beach, Gibson happened to be at the right place at the right time.

Gibson was with his wife and two daughters at the beach when the incident happened.

The family were at the beach to enjoy one last lounge before Gibson noticed a tense crowd gathering a few yards away.

He checked what was going on and saw the almost lifeless body of Levi lying on the ground.  “I noticed he was pretty blue. You could tell he wasn’t breathing,“ Gibson said.

A family that prays together, stays together

Gibson saw Floyd’s cousin was giving CPR but wasn’t enough. It only caused Levi to vomit water.

“At that point, he didn’t have breathing to the point that it would have sustained life for him,” Gibson said.

Floyd and her family are Christians so they turned their only hope: God

The family began worshiping God as the nurses continued CPR on Levi. They prayed and sang worship songs on the beach.

A few moments later, they heard Gibson yell “there’s a pulse!” Levi started breathing in a sustainable way again.

Fully recovered

Levi spent two days in the hospital after the incident. He recalled some of what he was told about what happened while the nurses fought to save his life.

“My brother and my sister and my cousins, they all started singing and praying,” Levi said. “And they were like ‘Jesus, please let him be OK,” he added.

The family remained in contact with Gibson even after Levi had made a full recovery. The two even shared a moment on FaceTime Wednesday.

When asked about Levi’s recovery, Gibson says it “is nothing short of a miracle.”