– An unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat. (Google Search)
But for us Christians. Fear is Spirit. For God does not give us the spirit of fear (2 Timothy 1: 7). We, Christian must always remember that the battle is in our mind. In 2 Chronicles 20, where king Jehoshaphat defeats Moab and Ammon by praying to God. Knowing in his mind and having faith that the God they serve is powerful, ruling over all the kingdom of the nations, and can protect them against the enemies. After praying and singing praises to the Lord, the enemy destroy one another. For the battle is not yours, but God. (2 Chronicles 20:15). For the Battle begin always in our mind. You decide whether on the losing side which is fear or on the winning side which is God. Where His promises never fail.
1. Fear rob Christians ability
– Fear rob the gift of God including, power, favor, opportunity, finances and other gift that is for us. Fear also rob our identity as Christian that we are His children. That we are saved because Jesus died for us. Apart from this God give us the authority to cast out demon, heal all sickness and other things as what Jesus did. Fear control our action. satan will try to penetrate and dominate our mind in order to control it, and even torment it. But, take note that we are dealing with the demonic forces but the real battlefield is in our mind. “apart from me you can do nothing.” – John 15:5. Therefore, focus on Jesus not on fear.
2. Fear is self-focused, self-preservation (it is all about me)
– John 12: 25 Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life.
In the four books in the Gospel, Jesus tell us to advance the kingdom, to preach and make disciples to all nations. Jesus teach us to cast out all demonic forces, heal all sickness in His name, as well as teaching us how to pray. Because of self preservation, we allow our self not to do this things because of lack of boldness. It also allow us not to move to a place that God has set for us. However, always remember that Christians must take a leap to their stationary position and get out from their comfort zone. Also we have to take note that we are his vessels. So let God use us for His glory.
3. Fear will cause us to withdraw from the presence of God.
– Genesis 3: 10 He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.”
Fear will set our self into hiding place from His glory. Our connection to God will be weakened and could somehow lead to a dangerous place. We are not perfect, we make mistakes and that is why we need to humble our self in the Lord. Jesus redeemed us. We just need to accept Jesus as our personal savior.
Conclusion – Christian must know that Jesus paid his life for us. All the transgressions, fear, sickness and condemnation are already gone. While living, God give us the authority to fight back against fear, to cast out demon, to heal all sickness, to declare, and to fight against principalities. But remember the battle is in our mind. Be firm, and believe that through Jesus Christ we are saved, blessed, redeemed and highly favored. Isaiah 41: 10 – So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.